It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:39 am

S. CA. Stick Seminar w. Bob Culbertson, Tom G. and Emmett 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post S. CA. Stick Seminar w. Bob Culbertson, Tom G. and Emmett
Hi all,

I'm happy to announce that we've arranged for what promises to be a fantastic Stick event with Bob Culbertson, Emmett Chapman and yours truly on the weekend of March 23-25 in Oceanside and Carlsbad, CA. Full details are online at http://www.thossounds.com/scastick12.html but here are the basics:

On Saturday and Sunday March 24 and 25, Bob Culbertson and I will be offering two full days of instruction for all Stick instruments and skill levels. Emmett Chapman will also join us on Saturday afternoon to give a special presentation. Our site this time is once again at MiraCosta College in Oceanside, CA and we'll be taking advantage of their recently completed Music Building which is a fantastic place and truly the best facility we've had to date. (Those who attended in the past might recall they were building this last time we were there).

Saturday night March 24 will also feature a Stick Night concert with Bob, Emmett and myself in the equally new MiraCosta Concert Hall, built from the ground up for concerts (and with a price tag of I believe $5 million!) There's a nice news article on the space here: http://tinyurl.com/7jg4yc9

Also exciting, I've arranged a special welcome night performance opportunity on Friday night March 23 at NAMM's Museum of Making Music in neighboring Carlsbad, CA. This will be a performance event for any of the seminar attendees who wish to play or just listen. The event will be open to the public and will be something of an "open mic" format, with Bob and I possibly filling in as well if needed. The exact time will be finalized shortly but if you can I'd recommend arriving early to take a trip through the Museum itself: http://www.museumofmakingmusic.com If you'd like to perform, just let me know when you register!

"Early bird" registration for the seminar and admission for one to both concert events is $175 if paid by March 2nd and will be $200 after that date. To register, please mail a check (preferred) to:

Tom Griesgraber
PO Box 230862
Encinitas, CA 92023

Please include a short description of your instrument, tuning, playing experience and what you would like to see covered and hope to take away from the event.

Alternately, you can register through PayPal by sending payment to: tom@thossounds.com

Again, more details are online at http://www.thossounds.com/scastick12.html Please let me know if you have any questions, and I'll post updates as they happen.

Hope to see many of you there! :)

Tom Griesgraber

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:44 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: S. CA. Stick Seminar w. Bob Culbertson, Tom G. and Emmet
Tom - you are a hero! Thank you so much for taking the time to make this happen. I am hopeful to be in attendance for all of these events!
-Gene

Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:45 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post S. CA. Stick Seminar w. Bob Culbertson, Tom G. and Emmett
The sooner they get teleportation booths sorted the better..

This sounds like a great event!

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:18 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hello again everyone,

A little update:

First we've sorted out more details for the "welcome night" event at The Museum of Making Music on Friday, March 23. This will be held at 7pm and as previously mentioned, will be something of an "open mic" format to give any seminar attendees a chance to perform who would like to. The event will also be open to the public and general admission is just $5. (Seminar attendees will all be on the "guest list" for the evening.) If you are interested in performing, please let me know.

Come early if you can as the Museum has also offered to keep their galleries open longer, right up until the start of the show. Being in the headquarters of NAMM's corporate offices, the Museum's focus is on the history of the music products industry and it's a great collection of instruments and products that takes about an hour to go through (more if you read every exhibit sign ;-) General admission to the Museum is $8, while students (6-18) seniors (60+) and active military are just $5. Recently renovated, the Museum also now features a great hands on area where you can try out such items as Roland V-drums, a Moog synth, Rickenbacker bass and more.

The Museum should be listing the Stick event soon on their site, but for directions and more information visit www.museumofmakingmusic.org (Also, by coincidence I think, the link on the site "live @ MoMM" currently features an archived video of a performance Emmett and I did there last year.)

Lastly this time.. I had a preparatory visit to MiraCosta College last week where the seminar itself and main Stick Night concert will be. It's really a gorgeous facility and I took a few photos along the way. They're online now at: http://www.thossounds.com/scastick12.ht ... 0miracosta

Looking forward to a great event!

Tom Griesgraber
www.thossounds.com

Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:19 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Tom, Bob and Emmett,

Registration is off in the mail today. Hotel Reservations made too. Can't wait to learn more about this great instrument of mine!!

Robin

9/5/11... proud owner of Stick #6085, a "Classy" Wenge 10 with Stickup and glow linears!!

=/=====>

So Cal. Stick Seminar 2012 @ Mira Costa
FHA 2013 - Bel-Air (1 day)
FHA 2014 - Bel-Air

Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:36 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hi Robin. Great! So glad you can make it :)

Cheers!
Tom

Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:39 pm