It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:32 pm

Stick Enterprises Customer Service is AWESOME 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Stick Enterprises Customer Service is AWESOME
Stick Enterprises is such a freaking great company...more should follow their example.

So Saturday night I was in the green room at the venue and I was standing a little to close to the door warming up for the show. Chucky opened the door really fast and it slammed into my NS/STICK and broke the middle pick-up selector swith.

I called SE today to inquire about purchasing a new one (yeah, yeah I know I could use any ol' switch but I want all my hardware to match and be from THE SOURCE...ya dig).

They told me the would send one out at NO CHARGE. Wow. I made sure that I told them that the switch was not defective but was actively destrotyed by our singer. SE did not care and was happy to shoot me one right out.

What is even more cool about this is that there was no reason for them to do this. They have a monopoly on NS/STICKs so I have to be their customer if I want to play the thing. In theory, who cares how they treat me when there is no other options. But they are not like that and it is refreshing.

I know it is a super small thing (switch can't be more than a few bucks) but the gesture was super huge and gives me one more reason to reccomend this fabulous company to everybody.

Of course...all of you already know this...lol

Thanks SE.

Michael "Dr. Froth" Millsap
Six Minute Century

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:33 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post Re: Stick Enterprises Customer Service is AWESOME
You nailed it, man. They're just quality people, period. I've got plenty of those "extra mile" stories. Just a couple right off the top of my head:

I bought an older zebrawood Grand about seven years ago. It was obviously used and needed work that went beyond minor tweakage; some frets had shifted out of whack and playability was a problem. After two weeks at SE, the old zebrawood came back to me. I almost called SE back to tell them they sent the wrong instrument!! It was so pristine I didn't recognize it for a minute. The fretwork that Emmett put in was simply monumental. So painstakingly and meticulously handled; it played like silk and just felt incredible. As if that weren't enough, the inlay dots were replaced with brand new ones ( uniform 1/2 diameter instead of the older descending size type). Did he stop there? Think again. The thing smelled just intoxicating because he had re-sanded and refinished the whole instrument! Add a couple of new volume pots as the cherries on the cake. This was Emmett's way of not only fixing an instrument, but bringing it "up to code", if you will. If there's an older Stick floating around somewhere in the world, Emmett wants it to be on par with the newer ones. That's a little thing we call integrity and pride in one's work.

One time I called Yuta and asked her for a new strap lock. I got an envelope in the mail that contained four of them. No charge.

My girlfriend ordered me a new hard case for my birthday. Inside the case was a birthday card from and signed by Emmett and Yuta, along with an SE ballcap. I was floored by their thoughtfulness. I hung the card up on my wall. My girlfriend later remarked that she thought I liked the card better than the case. You know what? Maybe I did.

I could do this all day!! This is the kind of treatment I've always gotten from them, from my early days of dreaming about the Stick all the way to being a professional player today. The Chapmans and I go back a good while now, and it's been my privledge to know them. Maybe one day I'll get to actually meet them :D !

http://www.heartstringslive.com
http://www.youtube.com/tapper1472

"With one note you can shatter a thousand notes" - Carlos Santana

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:54 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Yea, that sounds par for course. The Chapman's are serious about their customer service. I've never been anything but stoked whenever I've dealt with anybody there on the phone, email or in person. It's refreshing.

-CL

http://www.christopherlavender.com

Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:17 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Yes. I had the strap stud thing happen too. It seemed like a few days later it was in my mail box, unannounced.

I'm still puzzled at how it arrived so fast...mail takes forever to get to rural Saskatchewan...

Brian Baggett
Ft. Qu'Appelle, SK

https://www.youtube.com/c/BrianBaggett306

Lap Bars: https://brianbaggettwoodcraft.ca/chapma ... -lap-bars/
TAGG Interface: https://brianbaggettwoodcraft.ca/tagg-interface/

Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:33 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

All I can say is - YES :D .

Cheers,
Andy

http://andysalvanos.com/

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:58 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

A few years ago I was messing around with tunings for a while and tried several types. I came up with a new one and placed an order with (Chaz?) and went about my merry way.

A few days later I get a call:
"Randy? Hi, it's Emmett. I wanted to talk to you about the tuning you requested."

And we spent 10-15 minutes discussing various other tunings and potential problems that the one I came up with might cause.

A very nice personal touch and completely unexpected.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:18 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Well, I only can second all the above.
The customer service is fantastic.
I had bought my first STick in 1985 and had sold it after a short while as I became frustrated not beeing able to get any big developments on the Stick.
Back then there was no internet of course and I had phoned with Yuta a few times.
For me a long time without any Stick I decided earlier this year to step into the Stick world again and called SE up having Yuta on the line and she recognized me after all those years not being in contact.
You don't get that special feeling anywhere else......

Oliver

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:59 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

+++++++++++++++++Everything above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:20 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

One time I broke the string saddle on my previous stick while lower the action (the screw was longer than I thoguht and it snapped the saddle up.. oops). I tried to explain it to one of the ladies at SE (IIRC, it was Cambria. Could be wrong though). I couldnt describe it, so I emailed her a picture. less than a week later, an envelope with two of them showed up. No charge.

Awesome!

Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:12 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Thanks to MM and all who posted to this thread for good reports. For us it's just common sense to keep Sticks and Stickists playing at their optimum best. Sometimes the paperwork and billing is more trouble than just shipping the part.

Also, Yuta and Cambria were happy to read about our "awesome" service. Nice that someone actually started a thread on the subject, and the returns roll in.

Best, Emmett.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:47 pm