It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:45 am

One Week 'til the Northeast Seminar some spots available 
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: One Week 'til the Northeast Seminar some spots available
Regardless of who he is, if he can teach me more than Steve did in an afternoon, I want to pay him for lessons.

Best of luck on the seminar. I know it will be awesome!

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:00 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

wait people... Tri Tone= Traktor Topaz.. both use TT... i am just kidding... but since i have been coming here Tritone has put alot of Useless information on this wonderful sight.... he is the same as a monkey wrench in a perfectly working machine...Move on TT

i would go if i had the money , cause there isnt many stick players in my area and i want to learn proper techniques and learn more about this awesome Instrument

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:11 am
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I was hoping to make it but it the money didn't come through. The concert was a possibility something else came up that night. I know the whole event will be a great success and hopefully we can more in CT in the future.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:33 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

It's almost exactly 15 years since I taught my first Stick Seminar in Fullerton, California. (Francesco, you were there!)

These events have evolved substantially since that time. We used to focus a fair amount of energy on gear, and now the focus is solidly on technique development, but those gear issues never subside completely.

Lots of great idea-sharing and most important, music! I always come out of these energized.

Thanks to Brett for organizing things. I' looking forward to meeting new folks, putting faces and sounds together with screen names for the first time, and seeing old friends.

Safe travels everyone...

Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:51 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Two days away. If anyone is still thingin' about it, I encourage you to attend. There will be tons of info regarding The Stick, applied techniques, vocabulary, general music application and absolutely anything that needs discussion. Each teacher brings a unique outlook to the music. These events are always inspiring for the student and teacher alike. I look forward to meeting new friends and future Stick masters. Stick seminars don't happen often. Thanks to Brett for his efforts and energies. Gonna' be a wonder weekend.

Steve A

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:01 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Are the rumors true that Steve and Greg are going to thumb wrestle best out of five over the three fingers versus four finger technique? that should bring in a few more students. :lol:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:13 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

hi Randy,

I can't promise a thumb-wrestling match (though I have been getting a lot of practice the last couple of years), but I will say that Steve and I have both been teaching a long time and we both have well-reasoned points to make about the benefits of the approaches we advocate.

This is one thing I really like about these events, students get a lot of different perspectives and can pick and chose what to integrate into their own approaches, and I get to steal their licks!

Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:46 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Two thumbs up.
No way to thumb wrestle if these digits are on the fretboard.
I'll be preaching the Django technique. It's not how many finges you use, it's the musicality from within. To borrow a book title- "The Inner Game of Stick Playing"
SA

Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:45 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Can't make it guys, had to buy a new bass bottom AND pay Uncle Sam. Have a great time, next time I'll do everything possible to be there!

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:12 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery