It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:43 pm

liquid nixon, erie pa has a stickist 
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post liquid nixon, erie pa has a stickist
Check out Liquid Nixon's facebook page. I have been playing stick for them for a while now, but just now thought to post the info here. See if you can guess which part I am playing. There is a way to play our songs about half way down the page. Thanks, Mike
ps. I should warn anyone with little kids that the singer uses the "f" word once in the first song. In my opinion, unnecessary but wuchagonnadu.

Last edited by mike kemp on Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:41 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: liquid nixon, erie pa has a stickist
Cool stuff Man ,very tight ,I like it.

BassLabs 10 string #5050
PASV4
baritone melody
Mesa Walk About bass amp
Mesa TA-15 amp

Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:02 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Mike,

Hi! great to hear from you, and glad to hear you are playing out in a band. it'll really help
push you to play and help your timing.

most of all don't get frustrated. let the band carry the tune, and if your role is bass, then just do bass, and use 2 hands to make it easier. if it's chords, then let the bass player groove out, and concentrate on rhythm and voicings.

no one says you have to have bass in contrapuntal movements with melody lines on top while your right hand is playing extended arpeggios in the opposite direction... and both of your hands are in different meters! whew- what a Stickist would dream after going to bed when they ate an anchovy pizza! :o

Hope you got some pointers from my "Magic Book" of instruction at the Pittsburgh seminar where Greg, Tom G and I taught.

best wishes with the new band!
Dave Brosky (3 hours away)

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:28 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Hey Dave, Great to hear from you too. Thanks for replying. I have been able to improve a bit since you last saw me. In part because of what I learned at the Pittsburgh seminar, but also my wife was deployed to Iraq for 6 months. I would'nt recomend this method for getting time to practice, but I made the best of my free time. I am hoping to go to the seminar in conneticut(I don't think I have ever had to spell that word before) I actually have already paid, but am not sure if there will be enough interest yet. Keep in touch. Maybe we can do a duet sometime. Sincerely, Mike

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:19 am
Profile My Photo Gallery