It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:45 am

Emmett & Tom - live video stream and TV 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Emmett & Tom - live video stream and TV
Hi all,

For those who have expressed interest in the Museum of Making Music's "Spirit of The Stick" event with Emmett Chapman and myself, but live too far to make it in person, we have confirmed now that the museum will do a live video stream of the event online. The stream will be in real time through their ustream channel at:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/museum-of-making-music

The event again will be a combination of live performances and some question and answer segments with the audience. It will also feature a short edit of Dan Chapman's film on Emmett. It's all happening at:

"Spirit of The Stick"
with Emmett Chapman and Tom Griesgraber
NAMM's Museum of Making Music
Saturday March 12, 7pm pacific time
5790 Armada Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92008

Tickets to attend in person are available online at: http://www.museumofmakingmusic.com or by phone at: 760-438-5996

Complete event details can be found online at: http://www.museumofmakingmusic.org/inde ... 9&Itemid=3

Also of note, for those in the area, the Museum and I will be featured on two live television segments this coming Monday (Mar. 7) on KUSI (channel 9/51). The times may shift slightly, but the segments are currently scheduled to be on at 6:10 and 6:40am and should feature a few glimpses of the museum and a bit of live Stick music to help promote the event.

Hope you can join us in one form or another!

Best,

Tom Griesgraber
http://www.thossounds.com

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:33 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: Emmett & Tom - live video stream and TV
I'm excited
!!!!!!

They have a projection system and we'll be showing the 5 minute cut from my Raleigh Studios screening. In addition, I'll be shooting the event. Hope you can come.

http://chapdoc.com/blog/?paged=2

www.chapdoc.com
www.chapman-design.com

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:51 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Bumping up!!
Just started...Emmett and Tom...you sound great!!! :D

9/5/11... proud owner of Stick #6085, a "Classy" Wenge 10 with Stickup and glow linears!!

=/=====>

So Cal. Stick Seminar 2012 @ Mira Costa
FHA 2013 - Bel-Air (1 day)
FHA 2014 - Bel-Air

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

I just clicked on the link but didn't realize at first that it was live. Very cool to be there
in a virtual way. Emmett's playing was mesmerizing; he should make a new album 8-)

http://jrjwhatifthepaintingshadsongs.tumblr.com/

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:55 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Emmett and Tom were fantastic.Dans 5 minute cut,made me want to see more.Wish I could have been there in person,but watching it over the internet,was still "Hours perfectly spent".

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:36 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

So glad I was there. Check out this live stream from last night below.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13287522

If you don't watch anything else, at least see the wonderful introduction at the beginning by the lovely museum director, Carolyn Grant. Also Tom and Emmett's duet right before my docu-preview was sheer brilliance.

We shot separately with two HD cameras. Unfortunatly the part with my docu preview on this live stream uses the audio direct from the DVD, so you don't get to hear the audience reaction, which was wonderful for me. There are a lot of laughs throughout and great applause at the end that this feed couldn't pick up. The way they streamed it makes it look llike there were "crickets" at the end. It was definitely well-received by a sold out crowd.

Thanks to all who attended and very grateful to have this venue to show it. Wish you all could have been there.

www.chapdoc.com
www.chapman-design.com

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:22 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Dan,

Love the new trailer, and the duet with Emmett and Tom was great.

I updated the link on the SE page to point to the link for the stream. What a nice event. Wish I could have been there.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:07 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

greg wrote:
Love the new trailer, and the duet with Emmett and Tom was great.

Thanks Greg. that version is actually a year old. Wait till you see what I'm working on now. I wish funds allowed the process to proceed faster. Rome wasn't built in a day. Luckily (or maybe not) one of my strengths (also my weakness) is patience.

It's a bit hard for me to watch on their live stream. The quality wasn't great when it was projected. It was kind of like the A/V department in school. :D They will be upgrading their whole performance/screening venue in August. Then to add to that, it was shot at an angle with an SD streaming camera. If it still works under these conditions, then maybe there's something there.

I really feel great about the event. Carolyn said such beautiful things about Emmett. Tom's prerformances keep getting better. There was magic when Tom and Emmet got together. I call it "Rubbing Two Sticks Together." Very watchable & listenable.

I was very honored to be there and be a part of the night.

www.chapdoc.com
www.chapman-design.com

Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:03 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Thanks for reminding, I really enjoyed watching this! Tom has great Stick songs and such a marvelous sounding Stick rig. Really inspiring. I was also amazed to experience the powerful presence in Emmet's improvisation based playing. That "power of now" is a typical live impro thing and it totally came through in this broadcast. Listening to Emmet is like a journey; any key change may come up around the next corner :-) I'd love to hear him move on from his present three year "no effects at all" phase (as Tom put it) into playing freely like this but with a more processed sound.

Fractal Audio AxeFx-III, 2 x RCF NX-10 SMA, Apollo Twin USB

http://youtube.com/perboysen

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:28 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Per Boysen wrote:
Thanks for reminding, I really enjoyed watching this! Tom has great Stick songs and such a marvelous sounding Stick rig. Really inspiring. I was also amazed to experience the powerful presence in Emmet's improvisation based playing. That "power of now" is a typical live impro thing and it totally came through in this broadcast. Listening to Emmet is like a journey; any key change may come up around the next corner :-) I'd love to hear him move on from his present three year "no effects at all" phase (as Tom put it) into playing freely like this but with a more processed sound.
Hi Per,

The best video recording of Emmett and his effects is probably Stick Night '99. Emmett's performance and his wide open sonics are really inspiring.

http://www.stick.com/videoscds/videos/sticknight99.html

Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:09 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery