It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:59 am

DVD is in da' house 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post DVD is in da' house
Just watched the New Stick Night "Blastoff" DVD. Very nicely done.
Warm, intimate, fuzzy, humorous, celebratory flavor, with many, many wonderful musical presentations.
Mastress of ceremonies, Diana, reflects the sunny, fun vibe for all to view.
Congrats to all the players, the production people, Stick Enterprises, and Dan Chapman for some cool visual editing.
Another positive documentation of Emmett Chapman's far reaching influence on a great musical community.
Happy New Year to all. More wonderful things lie ahead.
Steve Adelson -alias.....................

and Happy Birthday to Yuta
Yay!!!!!!

Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:13 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: DVD is in da' house
Lee Vatip wrote:
Just watched the New Stick Night "Blastoff" DVD. Very nicely done.
Warm, intimate, fuzzy, humorous, celebratory flavor, with many, many wonderful musical presentations.
Mastress of ceremonies, Diana, reflects the sunny, fun vibe for all to view.
Congrats to all the players, the production people, Stick Enterprises, and Dan Chapman for some cool visual editing.
Another positive documentation of Emmett Chapman's far reaching influence on a great musical community.
Happy New Year to all. More wonderful things lie ahead.
Steve Adelson -alias.....................

and Happy Birthday to Yuta
Yay!!!!!!
Glad you like it, Steve, I better go check my mailbox and see if it's here.

I only wish there was more of each performer. Your segment is very entertaining.

Dan Sveever

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:46 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: DVD is in da' house
Hell yea! I just got mine. The performances are all really inspiring and creative. Each player has their own style and touch. You can learn alot from watching these Stick masters(I am an apprentice). So many techniques to absorb and assimilate. Its really all about the good music though. I think almost any music fan could dig it due to the variety.

I had the honor of attending these events and this dvd captures the vibe and spirit quite well. The lighting is dark and chilled out, but that is how it was ya know. I like that. Good wine drinking dvd to throw in on a cozy couch next to a fire. But then you may want to pause it and try some of their techniques on your stick!

Lots of nice camera angles and overall quality. Pro job Mr.Dan Chapman! Very nice work. There is some nice creative filming going on here, and not just dry cold shots. Dan is the man.

The best new years present of all time(for me)!!!! I am beyond honored to be included in this project, it means alot to me, you know playing next to my heros and the grand wizard, Emmett. I love all you guys!! I hope my respect came off as sincere to ya'll cause I get nervous and all that.

The sound quality is super good too, thanks greg for all your mixing and production work! Hails to thee. Wish you were there of course, I kinda tried to do a little knod to you with some of the space improv.

Cheers to all at S.E, I miss yall so much! Life is just weird you know, choices with extreme pros and cons....

I'd say this is a landmark dvd in the Stick world. We are in the space age folks.

Hails to all,
ben

p.s The host Diana has a great vibe. The first time I saw her I saw a golden type aura around her. And I don't see auras!

Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:11 am