It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:10 pm

manny the man 
Contributor
Contributor

Post manny the man
earlier today i came in here to look at new stick info.. and found a bunch of announcements for buying polo shirts... as much i belive i need new shirts, i wont buy them from this site (being sarcastic)... but i would like to say

Manny you got rid of all them so so quickly.. you are the man

darren/gnat

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:51 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: manny the man
Gnat wrote:
earlier today i came in here to look at new stick info.. and found a bunch of announcements for buying polo shirts... as much i belive i need new shirts, i wont buy them from this site (being sarcastic)... but i would like to say

Manny you got rid of all them so so quickly.. you are the man

darren/gnat
It's a daily chore to keep this forum from being overrun with spammers, and Manny does it without complaint.

I know at least one forum where the housekeeping isn't so diligent, and half of the "members" turn out to be spam accounts.

Thanks Manny, for keeping real.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:26 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

i agree.. so many forums have spammers.. but i know i can come here and they will be taken care of ( saying like a mob boss) quickly and effectivly

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:36 am

Gnat wrote:
i agree.. so many forums have spammers.. but i know i can come here and they will be taken care of ( saying like a mob boss) quickly and effectivly

Here here!

"Take them back to the baggage cart and stick one in their ear!"

8-)

Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:49 pm
Site Admin

Just saw this post as I was spot checking for spam...thanks folks, I try my best. Actually, since rebuilding the forums some years ago and being diligent on spammers, it's fairly easy to delete/IP-ban spam and keeping this site clean. The forum statistic are highly accurate re: number of users, posts, etc, and not fluffed with spam accounts.

Some of the less posted subforums auto-notify me when there is a post, and it's obvious when a spammer cross posts. Also, the community here continues to do a great job flagging spam for nuking.

Labor is super cheap in China where the vast majority of spam originates. So the forum registration CAPTCHA thwarts the auto-registering spam bots, but not the many many Chinese humans. I use to IP-range ban the spammers from WhoIs queries, but resorted back to individual IP's after a few mistakes and accidently blocking valid IP's/users. So the efforts continue, just a minor annoyance but well worth in keeping it "real" here :D

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:16 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Thanks Manny, For ALL THAT YOU DO. It's Greatly Appreciated.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:00 pm