It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:41 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 FretBoard iPhone software for Chapman Stick 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: FretBoard iPhone software for Chapman Stick
I know this keeps being asked but how about an Android app?

Projections are for Android users to surpass the iphone/ipad in 2 years, why not prepare for that now.

http://gs.statcounter.com/#mobile_os-ww ... 812-201007

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:00 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Any idea what these stat's are ?
- Nr of devices produced with specified OS
- Payload per OS
- Nr of subscriptions on phone with specified OS
- Nr of session activations over mobile network with specified OS
etc etc

What I alway say (i earn a living with designing/building tooling for all kinds of stats and reporting) : to know is to measure, but only if one knows what is being measured.
So, what is measured in this graph ? Cause a graph by itself does not tell a story, it raises questions.

Cheers,
Bas

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:12 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Percentage of OS market share, period.

If you change the criteria to "North America" and the change in iphone and android users is more pronounced.

Here's an article: http://www.practicalecommerce.com/artic ... one-Others

Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:56 pm
Contributor
Contributor

LoopStationZebra wrote:
Additional things I'd love to see:

The ability to lock the view on any given page so that it won't flip as the iPhone rotates and the accelerometer kicks in. With that feature you'd also need the note names to change orientation if you so desired. A portrait orientation instead of landscape, of you will.

A note quiz input. Tap on any string at any fret and the note will be displayed. Same for chords. Good way for beginners to start testing themselves.

Great job. Well worth the $6

I fully agree with these suggestions. The lock feature would be huge. This is awesome. I hope you are rewarded for your efforts here

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:21 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Well, we are a little stuck in the development process, but I hope to have an all new FretBoard with lots of new features until the end of the year...
Best,
TheMM

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:32 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

"FretBoard is the best tool to enhance your knowledge about chords and scales...and is currently the only software on the iPhone and iPod touch to calculate correct enharmonic spellings!"

TheMM,

"Correct enharmonic spellings" is an oxymoron.
If enhancing knowledge of chords and scales is the goal, then the correct spelling must be used.
Enharmonic spellings are a convenience for those who don't want to deal with key signatures. To spell E major as E-AЬ-B, means one does not know that the E major scale has four sharps: E,F#,G#,A,B,C#,D#; and that a triad is built on the first, third, and fifth scale degrees: E-G#-B.
Does your app offer both the enharmonic and the correct spellings? If not, it should....

Yoo no wut I meen?

Mad Monk.

August, 1983

Last edited by mad_monk on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:37 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

mad_monk wrote:
"FretBoard is the best tool to enhance your knowledge about chords and scales...and is currently the only software on the iPhone and iPod touch to calculate correct enharmonic spellings!"

TheMM,

"Correct enharmonic spellings" is an oxymoron.
If enhancing knowledge of chords and scales is the goal, then the correct spelling must be used.
Enharmonic spellings are a convenience for those who don't want to deal with key signatures. To spell E major as E-AЬ-B, means one does not know that the E major scale has four sharps: E,F#,G#,A,B,C#,D; and that a triad is built on the first, third, and fifth scale degrees: E-G#-B.
Does your app offer both the enharmonic and the correct spellings? If not, it should....

Yoo no wut I meen?

Oh...a wise guy? Yuk Yuk Yuk

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:05 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

mad_monk wrote:
Correct enharmonic spellings" is an oxymoron.

This is so true, and it is funny that I, nor anybody else noticed this before. :-)

It is also true, that the enharmonic spellings are easier to read and tu understand, especially in case you do not want to dive in deeper. But for those of you who want to know the correct spellings, FretBoard has the option (yes, it can be seitched off) to calculate them.

Let me give an example:
For an E chord with alterated fifth, FretBoard will show the enharmonic spelling C for the #5. The correct spelling is B# which will be shown on demand.

To understand the mening of the notes in chords and scales it is fundamental to know their correct spelling. If you only want to play some chord shapes this information is indeed worthless.

Best,
TheMM

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:13 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Thanks, TheMM. I should have known the enharmonic spelling was an option only. I will cut down on the caffeine.

Hey Stick138, nice picture of Curly. One of my heroes.

Mad Monk.

August, 1983

Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:31 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

mad_monk wrote:
Thanks, TheMM. I should have known the enharmonic spelling was an option only. I will cut down on the caffeine.

Hey Stick138, nice picture of Curly. One of my heroes.

Mad Monk.

:D

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:56 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next