It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:38 pm

Kevin Keith - The Night - New Video 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Kevin Keith - The Night - New Video
Hello all,

In my daily practice I've been working thru some jazz type exercises and chord movements. Through that came this video. Hope you like it!

Kevin

Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:46 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Kevin Keith - The Night - New Video
Your compositions and playing styles always inspire.

Keep on,

Harry

Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:41 am
Contributor
Contributor

popstuart wrote:
Your compositions and playing styles always inspire.

Keep on,

Harry

Thank you Harry, much appreciated my friend! More videos to come.

Kevin

Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:34 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Kevin, your stuff is a tremendous inspiration for me, and thank you for posting the videos.

As a rank beginner I spend a lot of my time just doing exercises, but there's also unstructured "just for fun" noodling to keep things interesting. More often than not I find myself trying to follow along with your bass grooves.

May I ask what tuning you're using? And if it's different for different instruments (e.g. bamboo vs. tailboard), what the tunings are?

Thanks!

Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:52 am
Contributor
Contributor

adouglas wrote:
Kevin, your stuff is a tremendous inspiration for me, and thank you for posting the videos.

May I ask what tuning you're using? And if it's different for different instruments (e.g. bamboo vs. tailboard), what the tunings are?

Thanks!

Thank you so much for watching my videos and for the great question.
When I purchased my first Stick I decided to go with whatever was considered standard so I chose the classic 10 string tuning. It's the only tuning that I know and it's the tuning used on all of my instruments and for every video I've ever made.

The classic 10 string tuning has worked out really well for me and I don't ever see myself changing.
Best of luck to you with your music and your playing my friend!

Kevin

Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:31 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Thank you. Now if I can just figure out how you twist your left hand around like that and make it look so darned easy.... :D

I have small hands so that stretch is a challenge....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:24 am
Contributor
Contributor

adouglas wrote:
Thank you. Now if I can just figure out how you twist your left hand around like that and make it look so darned easy.... :D

I have small hands so that stretch is a challenge....

When I see pics or videos of myself playing I'm always amazed that my hand shapes look like much more than they are! Lol

In the pic it shows each finger has its own fret. At that point the index finger and the pinky need to be able to reach the distance between the lowest and highest bass string. The reach gets easier as you move down the fret board.

It may feel a bit strange at first but like anything if you practice it a lot it begins to feel normal.
Thanks again for asking. Best to you my friend!

Kevin

Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:27 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Kevin, bassist and new Stickist here as well. I also wanted to let you know how inspiring I find your music and technique.

Shortly before I decided to pull the trigger on getting a Stick, I, being a bassist, did a search something like "can you play slap on a Stick." Lo and behold, I stumbled across one of your videos where you do just that and was blown away.

If you ever feel like playing a show in Cleveland OH, I'll be there in the front row :D

Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:02 am
Contributor
Contributor

Jaymz462 wrote:
Kevin, bassist and new Stickist here as well. I also wanted to let you know how inspiring I find your music and technique.
If you ever feel like playing a show in Cleveland OH, I'll be there in the front row :D

Thank you so very much for the good words brother, I also want to thank you for watching my videos, I appreciate you! Welcome to the Stick world my friend, you're part of a great community, there's lots of wonderful people here.

I would love to get out to Cleveland, hopefully I'll be able to hit the road in the not too distant future. Thanks again and best of luck to you with your music!

Kevin

Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:54 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery