JAPAN TAP CAMP 2023 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: JAPAN TAP CAMP 2023
DavidWS wrote:
Thanks for all 3 Kai.
kaikurosawa wrote:
00:10:57 Final thoughts/discussion, solo piece breakdowns

I especially like Ryuto's comments in this 'final thoughts' bit about how he developed his style:
Quote:
I didn't know crossed from uncrossed so I just kinda f'd around. I thought I like how this sounded. I just combined sounds that I thought sounded good together. and that's how I started buildin up that music I performed.

and
Quote:
I thought it was super cool how each string has its own character and nuance that was like waves, like water.

My pleasure David, and thanks for checking them out and the feedback!!
It was very cool hearing how everyone approaches writing/enjoying music, and glad I put that segment in the vlog♪ Very cool thoughts from Ryuto for sure!

Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:40 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

kaikurosawa wrote:
It was very cool hearing how everyone approaches writing/enjoying music

It was indeed. It looked like you all had a great time - both students & tutors. :D

I'll admit that I was also intrigued to notice the name of the residence written in English on the side of building.

Perhaps the area (& venue) are a tourist/vistor hotspot & they want to make themselves easy to find?

Bamboo Grand 12 2024 #7472 Stickup Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Bamboo Grand 12 2009 #5826 PASV4 Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Graphite 10 2009 #5862 PASV4 Classic

Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:13 am
Contributor
Contributor

DavidWS wrote:
kaikurosawa wrote:
It was very cool hearing how everyone approaches writing/enjoying music

It was indeed. It looked like you all had a great time - both students & tutors. :D

I'll admit that I was also intrigued to notice the name of the residence written in English on the side of building.

Perhaps the area (& venue) are a tourist/vistor hotspot & they want to make themselves easy to find?

Great observation as always~
I guessed the same when I saw the place with photos first, but being there in person, it is a touristy place for sure, but seems like almost only for Japanese people(?) maybe it's not known much yet to out of country visitors. I didn't see or hear anything but Japanese when I was in the area.
it was a bit like pulling teeth to book the place, my fellow organizer and I both were a little bit worried until we actually showed up and got the keys.
but seems like easier the next time~

perhaps the English writing on the side of the building is like a tattoo for majority non English speaking folks. (at least it says the right thing in this case!)

Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:00 pm