It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:41 pm

My friend Greg 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post My friend Greg
Th Chapman Stick community is like a brotherhood, a fraternity. The numbers are small but the bonds are great. A true spokesman for this group was Greg Howard who unfortunately passed away yesterday after a brief illness. It is shocking news that left the Stick faithful with a sorrowful empty feeling.
I've known Greg since the 80's when we were both captured by the allure of The Chapman Stick. Over the years we did concerts together and shared teaching responsibilities at various seminars around the country. Always humorous interplay between our approaches to playing concepts. A mutual respect was always evident.
He was/is a pillar in the evolution of this revolutionary instrument. Working with Emmett Chapman, he helped elevate The Stick's importance in the creative music universe. His legacy will live on.
Sincere condolences to his family and friends

Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:58 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: My friend Greg
Beautiful words Steve. Greg will always be the purest of Sick players. His approach to the instrument and technique was sublime and beyond measure. Every last detail, even nuance carefully executed. And as if to echo your thoughts, to me he was also 'My friend Greg'. It wont be the same without him, but happily the music remains. My best wishes to you and the 'A list' Stickists, Grace and the gang at Stick Enterprises, and of course Gregs family. It hurt losing Emmett, and before we've really had time to adjust it now hurts that Greg has passed, but certainly we are a brotherhood, a fraternity, and the Stick and its music will bond us all together in this time of sadness, and forevermore.

Steve in the UK

Red Grand Railboard 7164 "Iron Man" June 21 2018

Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:58 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Beautiful Steve, wonderful and fitting tribute to our dear friend! Good on ya!

Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:54 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Yeah Lee, such a beautiful dedication.
Thinking of you and those that were closest to Greg.
Forever in the fraternity and family of stickist.

https://www.facebook.com/stickradmusic/
https://www.facebook.com/southernstickevents/

Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:52 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Well said Steve, Greg was a great guy and a huge force in the Chapman Stick Universe. It’s a sad day indeed for all. He will be sorely missed by the many friends and acquaintances he has made in his musical world, and of course by his family. Condolences to all.

12 String Padauk Grand #6693, Classic Tuning, medium strings, GK3 MIDI

Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:17 pm