It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:08 am

DBRO HAPPY HOLIDAYS FREE LISTENING! 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post DBRO HAPPY HOLIDAYS FREE LISTENING!
Hi Gang! Here on Stickist there once was a time, when it seemed, like everyone posted a holiday themed song at this time of year!

My Seasonal postings are all FREE to listen to on Soundcloud.. So even if you are in a Bah Humbug mood, you can hear some real cool things the Stick can do and maybe get some ideas of your own.

Gene Perry (a really cool guy I might add)’s favorite is “Silent Night Circulation Desk” where I used the California Guitar Trio’s technique to great effect. The Stick sounds like baritone wind chimes. Bert Lams gave me the thumbs up and said “Excellent!” Please listen if you can on good earbuds or headphones.

“God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” is a 12 track opus where, with hearty permission, I used Professor Harold Danko’s arrangement playing dense Bill Evans voicings all with single notes.

Ever hear a ring modulator on the Stick? Rudolph gets to modulate even if he is on the bench for the reindeer games. And finally “What song is this?”, ripe with hecklers, gets to the bottom of how many popular songs use this progression. My Least Favorite Song is just that.

I wish you all Happy Holidays, a better New Year and the courage to play out. At this time and at all times of the year, we should be grateful to Emmett- his vision and gift of this wonderful instrument we love and play.
All the Best,
Dave B “DBro”
https://soundcloud.com/dave-brosky

Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:31 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery