It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:33 pm

Looking for a Midi Grand... 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Looking for a Midi Grand...
if any of you all out there have a midi stick you are thinking of parting with, I might be interested. Thanks

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:53 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Looking for a Midi Grand...
I'll certainly keep my eyes peeled - are you looking for both sides? or just one?

just a heads up if you aren't familiar [apologies if you are already aware], the GK pickups don't actually do any onboard conversion - they arent really MIDI anything, they are just hex, here's the pinout
The VG technology (though later units have conversion as an additional feature) and the GK twin pedals for example don't work off pitch to MIDI at all, they just process the strings individually
(not knocking that implementation, I think it has some advantages...and some limitations. Just saying you aren't married to MIDI)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:54 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Thank you... yeah I just meant the Roland Gk3 hex. single or both sides

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:44 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

cool yeah I just wanted to clarify so that :

1) nobody is disappointed (that MIDI isn't native to that equipment, so it needs outboard gear)

2) there isn't inadvertent tunnel vision that MIDI is the only available facility for use with those hex systems

Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:52 pm