It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:17 pm

Montreal Stick Seminar in 2009 ??? 

What would be your prefered duration for the seminar?
Poll ended at Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:05 pm
2 days 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3 days 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 1

Montreal Stick Seminar in 2009 ??? 

Post Montreal Stick Seminar in 2009 ???
Hi all,
Fred-Érick Sauvé (FES on this forum) and myself have been playing around with the idea of organizing a Stick Seminar in Montreal, this coming summer. Fred is pretty busy these days and me being a newbie at this, we’d like to see if there’s any interest in this project. So, we’re calling on all interested parties to let us know if they would be willing to attend a Stick Seminar in Montreal this summer. Obviously, we don’t have all the specifics yet but it would most likely be held during the Montreal International Jazz festival (late June) and would be a 2 or 3 day event. Guest teachers are still to be determined and Fred-Érick would also be teaching. The venue will depend on the number of people who show interest. I know this is kind of vague right now but if enough people show interest in this, a more formal announcement will be forthcoming with all the necessary details. If any of you have ideas, suggestions or comments based on your experiences at past seminars, that would help make this event even more enjoyable, please feel free to reply to this post with your comments or PM me or Fred. Could you also let us know your preference on the duration of the seminar by voting in the poll above. Thanks everyone and we hope to see you in Montreal this summer!!!

Cheers,

Yves.

12 String Bamboo Grand, #5932, Matched Reciprocal Tuning

Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:05 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Post Re: Montreal Stick Seminar in 2009 ???
Hey Yves,

Excellent idea! I am such a newbie that any seminars in our neighbourhood is something I'd definitely look forward to. I have polled for 3 days as the days seem to fly by very fast when you are learning new things..taking costs being reasonable. If that is too long, I don't mind 2 days too.

Thank you for initiating thins and looking forward to the being a reality this Summer!

Keep in touch.

Fedric G

Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:15 pm

Post Re: Montreal Stick Seminar in 2009 ???
Just to let everyone know that this poll will close on Saturday so if you're thinking about attending, now would be a good time to tell us. Thanks!!!

Cheers,

Yves.

12 String Bamboo Grand, #5932, Matched Reciprocal Tuning

Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:53 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery