It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:04 am

STICKOLOGY, A GUIDE TO PLAYING THE CHAPMAN STICK 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post STICKOLOGY, A GUIDE TO PLAYING THE CHAPMAN STICK
First a big thanks to Manny for making this site happen...twice now.
Much appreciation.

My Mel Bay instructional book/DVD is finally available.
"Stickology. A Guide To Playing The Chapman Stick" can be purchased, by check or m.o.
Book/DVD and shipping in the US is $33. Outside US send $40 US to:
Steve Adelson
74 Harmon St.
Long Beach, NY 11561

You can also order through PayPal
PayPal:SteveAFran@aol.com. Add an extra $1 for PayPal Fee.

Book is 72 pages, DVD is an hour. Good for all levels of playing
Thanks
Steve A

Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:17 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: STICKOLOGY, A GUIDE TO PLAYING THE CHAPMAN STICK
Postage and such is a wee bit more expensive than I thought. Sorry but, new price for book and shipping is now $35.
Thanks for your understanding

Steve A

Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:47 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

No problem. Order and m.o. coming soon. Happy Holidays.

Marty, Studio Shoe

Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:31 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

A note of appreciation to Steve on this Christmas Day. We just received Mel Bay's first shipment of the new lesson book, "Stickology", and I just finished reading it through.

Many thanks Steve, for including my preface and history of the playing method on the opening pages. I'm proud to have had a small part in this excellent instructional resource for Stick and "FTI" players.

It covers all manner of Stick techniques from the solid foundations to the more exotic finger expressions and stylistic devises, also with some Stick history and music theory to add depth and meaning. All the photos, tablature, diagrams and exercises will certainly sustain interest and motivate musical progress.

Thanks also to Mel Bay Publications for publishing and releasing this Stick book on two-handed string tapping. It's a great feeling to have that kind of support from a long established music publisher whose books have inspired countless young American musicians of past generations.

Steve's DVD accompanies the book in a pouch on the inside rear cover, and seems basically to recap all the lessons but in a humorous personal style, showing how it's all physically done and what musical possibilities can result. The DVD shows Steve in typical teaching and communicating mode, following what I've always felt was one of his callings, that is, to enlighten the student "by leaps and bounds" - a master teachers technique that fosters independence in learning and, ironically, ultimate freedom from the teacher.

Thanks Steve for the inspiration, Emmett.

Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:46 pm