It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:11 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 New Stick.com site is live 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: New Stick.com site is live
Quote:
Now you kids get off my lawn!

Ha! Pretty much encapsulates every argument ever made on the internet, whether it's about politics or websites or instruments or pretty much anything else.

Kev

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:44 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

K Rex wrote:
Quote:
Now you kids get off my lawn!

Ha! Pretty much encapsulates every argument ever made on the internet, whether it's about politics or websites or instruments or pretty much anything else.

Kev

lol No doubt.

Looks and works fine on my iphone, and my Windows phone. Works with Safari, so I will adapt or die...

Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:23 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Stick Enterprises wrote:
Just for my reference, what kind of service do you have (3G,4G?) and what OS/browser?

Hi Greg,
I'm on iOS 9.3 (mobile Safari) over both wifi or 4G. I've attached a PNG of what I'm seeing with the white images (slow loading).

Attachment:
IMG_7613.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

=//====> #1817 10-string padauk/paua ACTV2 EMG flaps+rails
Deep Baritone Melody inner 10 strings of Matched Reciprocal 12
Stand-up Stick Stand (SUSS) - easy DIY project

Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:32 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Great refresh to the site, well done :) Looks good on iPhone and Mac..

+1 for Hotshots Gallery.

The new higher res photos throughout are great

1 issue I spotted - on the instruments/railboard page, the slideshow of images has the image number superimposed over each photo.

I agree with those saying the Stick logo should feature.. A logo is an important visual hook for any business and IMO ought to be present on any company website, at least on the homepage..

I also wonder if consideration could be given to the first photo that appears on the main homepage slideshow. At the moment it is the "Stick Community" one - which belongs in the cycle but maybe isn't the best one to be first up.. Just my subjective opinion here but a great shot of The Stick while it's being played in a live setting might be the right "first impression" as a landing image - puts the purpose of the instrument, the site, the community, in context immediately. Just an idea!

Love it though, very clean, very flexible. Looking forward to seeing how it develops!

Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:39 pm
Contributor
Contributor

bassmonk wrote:
Great refresh to the site, well done :) Looks good on iPhone and Mac..

+1 for Hotshots Gallery.

The new higher res photos throughout are great

1 issue I spotted - on the instruments/railboard page, the slideshow of images has the image number superimposed over each photo.

I agree with those saying the Stick logo should feature.. A logo is an important visual hook for any business and IMO ought to be present on any company website, at least on the homepage..

I also wonder if consideration could be given to the first photo that appears on the main homepage slideshow. At the moment it is the "Stick Community" one - which belongs in the cycle but maybe isn't the best one to be first up.. Just my subjective opinion here but a great shot of The Stick while it's being played in a live setting might be the right "first impression" as a landing image - puts the purpose of the instrument, the site, the community, in context immediately. Just an idea!

Love it though, very clean, very flexible. Looking forward to seeing how it develops!

Thanks for the feedback and information, David, and Andy

Very helpful.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:19 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Kudos on the website refresh! Well done!

Jeremy

Alto Stick, Padauk, Stickup
Stick Guitar Bamboo EMG

http://jeremycubert.com
https://jeremycubert.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/jeremycubert

Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:59 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Just now, checking on something to answer a question, I could not find any way to get to the R-Block information page using the site navigation.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:12 am
Contributor
Contributor

Robstafarian wrote:
Just now, checking on something to answer a question, I could not find any way to get to the R-Block information page using the site navigation.

Hi Rob,

Using the menus you are correct, but there are at least three links on the site that would take you there.

1. in the front page slide show, the caption for image of the R-Block
2. on the Railboard page, the entire image of the R-Block in the slideshow (element #2)
3. on the Pickups page (from about/innovations)

Something to look into clarifying, perhaps...

Just added some extra links on the main Railboard page.

Thanks for the feedback

Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:24 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

To whom it does concern,

The new stick.com website is a hot mess, both on the mobile device and PC device. It's a train wreck of a design, like whomever did the work is a musician and not a graphic artist.

There is no tweaking this effort. There is no fix short of a total overhaul which will rid you of this liability. It's that bad.

Man, I really liked the design of the original site. I know all those folks couldn't look at it and shop while zooming down the interstate, but DAMN. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Is it worth hiring a clone of Glenn to take over this disaster? It would be a fairly straightforward job to make the site similar to the old one, but with mobile capabilities. There is no need to settle for a BLOG design which looks like a BLOG to new potential customers.

Even WIX has some better options.

UGH,

K Rex

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:35 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

A couple of years ago, it also took me a while to get acustomed to the so called 2.0 websites. K, I'm afraid you're getting old. ;-)

Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:00 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next