It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:24 am

Houston Stick Seminar -- Any interest? 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Houston Stick Seminar -- Any interest?
Jayesskerr wrote:
You know, what Steve does is really interesting to all musicians; I bet you get a wicked good turnout! Good luck!

Too True, Wont be a problem getting a crowd as long as people know about it.

Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:17 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
I will attend no doubt
As previous post in this thread have said this is a great opportunity and with the school possibilities we have to make this happen. I'm not much of an orginizer either but let me know if I can assist

Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:40 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Seems this Houston event is really taking shape. We are working on having this seminar at the school where Paul is a major faculty member. in Katy.
I must be in San Antonio from November 1, so we're looking at my early arrival and teaching the seminar on Sunday October 30. It would probably be 4-5 hours in the afternoon.
We need to take a head count quickly to see if this would work. Fee for seminar per student would be $125 for the afternoon. Because of my Itinerary commitments, I would need solid student tally within this week. Deadline by August 21.
Best email me at SteveAFran@aol.com for confirmation or questions
Looking forward to this event.
Thanks

Steve Adelson

Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:14 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Reminder.....we have a few commitments for the Houston get together. Our deadline is this weekend due to my travel plans. If you're in, let us know sooner than later. We're looking for just a few more students to make it a reality. This cool school venue is secured. Rare opportunity. Hope to see some of you at this event.

Steve A

Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:34 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

If you haven't already done so, I'd encourage you to post something on Facebook about it. There are several groups for Stick players there. Just a thought...

Steve's a very inspiring and fun teacher. So I hope you guys can pull this together.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:20 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

C'mon guys -- there has to be more of you out there who want to/can make it for the afternoon!

This is an opportunity that doesn't happen very often!

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:32 am
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I am confirmed to attend.

You'll like the school guys, I'm Head of Performing Arts there, brand new $125m campus. The British International School of Houston. We'll have the run of the place. Best game of Hide and Seek you'll ever have!
There's also a possibility of a little gig in the evening in the theatre to students and parents, sort of an observed workshop/jam, if people would like. You will all get treated like Rock Gods!

The kids will also be excited to see and work with Steve the next day too.

Paul

Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:11 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Steve plays a very mean guitar also; a VERY extensive repertoire ranging from Jeff Beck to Steve Vai to Metheny and DJango...

I guess what I'm saying is that what he does could be of really great interest to guitarists and bassists also, even if Steve never touches a guitar or bass in the seminar.

I know that if I only just played guitar, and wasn't a "tapper' type musician I would still pay to see this if only to experience it...

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:35 am
Calling all Houston Area "Stickist" and Touch/Tap Style Artist:

I just created a FB Group called "Houston Stickist" in an effort to bring area "Stickist" and touch/tap style artist in the Houston area together and to inform each other of events for example Steve Adelson offering a seminar OCT-30th. My understanding is we still have room for more to join the seminar. I'm not savy with FB or technology in general so be kind if I have something out-of-wack with the creation of the group and if anyone would be interested in running this FB group by all means please do.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:40 am