It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:38 am

Winter NAMM show 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Winter NAMM show
I assume that Stick Enterprises will be represented at the winter NAMM show. I'm wondering if any of you lucky forum members will be attending? I know you need an invitation to attend. I hope someday to find a way to get an invitation for myself and the wife and use it as an excuse to take a winter trip to California. I play many musical instruments ... going to the winter NAMM show would make me feel like a kid in a candy store! :D

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:22 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Winter NAMM show
I've been going the past few years due to my employment with Wave Arts... just got here to the hotel in Anaheim. Stick Enterprises has not been exhibiting at NAMM the past 3 years, so I was lucky to catch their last show in 2005. I think they feel their energy is better spent promoting the instrument and players in other ways.

The show is cool but does lose it's appeal somewhat after each successive year (at least from the perspective of having to man a booth the whole time). :) I find I still have to check Harmony Central for the press releases after the first day to actually figure out what was released, it's so big and a bit of a circus inside!

Rosewood Grand Stick #7025 - Mirrored 4ths 5+7
Paduak Grand Stick #5197 - Mirrored 4ths 6+6

Last edited by robmartino on Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:09 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

robmartino wrote:
I've been going the past few years due to my employment with Wave Arts... just got here to the hotel in Anaheim. Stick Enterprises has not been exhibiting at NAMM the past 3 years, so I was lucky to catch their last show in 2005. I think they feel their energy is better spent promoting the instrument and players in other ways.

The show is cool but does lose it's appeal somewhat after each successive year (or each successive day for that matter). :) I find I still have to check Harmony Central for the press releases after the first day to actually figure out what was released, it's so big and a bit of a circus inside!

Thanks for the update Rob. I didn't realize SE hasn't been there the past few years. A band mate of mine is flying there today. His young son (very young) Tylor Hudson is in a young teen original prog-rock band called MindWalk and through good contacts and a professional manager has a few good endorcements so this is their 2nd year going. (The guitarist's in MindWalk's Dad who now lives in New England is a big musical star in Portugal and is still very well connected in the industry.) I would think it could be a little crazy and noisy but still ... as a life long musician I'd love to go to the NAMM show once in my life.

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:19 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I've been going for more than ten years and still get a hoot out of it. Playing, hearing other musicains, meeting industry folks, trying out equipment, it's all fun (and warm in Calif.). Whenever I bring a friend for their first visit they flip out as soon as they walk in the door. There are ways to get passes, but creativity is key. ( a topic for another time).
I will be there Thursday-Saturday.
Check: http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/I ... ignup.aspx
for a concert I'm part of that you can watch live from NAMM.
Steve A

Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:44 am
Profile My Photo Gallery