It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 2:19 pm

Abby Clutario of Fuseboxx - new featured artist 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Abby Clutario of Fuseboxx - new featured artist
Hi everyone,

The new featured artist at stick.com is Abby Clutario, Stickist/keyboardist/and vocalist of the Filipino prog band, Fuseboxx:

They've just released their 2nd CD, ANIMATED, which is on the way to SE and also available from CD Baby.

Interview and videos at: http://www.stick.com/features/artist/

Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:38 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: Abby Clutario of Fuseboxx - new featured artist
I may be showing my age, but wow, how great is it that a prog band in the Philippines can get global exposure? Not so long ago they would only be known to however many prog fans there are in that country.

Hopefully such a talented group will be enormously successful. Prog on, indeed.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:18 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

dcben wrote:
I may be showing my age, but wow, how great is it that a prog band in the Philippines can get global exposure? Not so long ago they would only be known to however many prog fans there are in that country.

Hopefully such a talented group will be enormously successful. Prog on, indeed.
There's a great quote from Tony on the subject of lesser known but very talented people:

Guillermo Cides: Tony, for a long time the people have given you the title, "The best bass player” and I read your opinion about that in your web page tonylevin.com.

Tony Levin: I haven’t heard that expression in some time. But anyway it’s my feeling that there is no ‘best’ bass player, or drummer, or musician. Music isn’t like a sport, where you have clear indications of who is best. There are many ways to play any instrument, and to interpret music. We who listen form our personal favorites to listen to, and it’s easy to enlarge that to think that it’s the best there is. The fact is, nobody has even heard all the bass players on this planet of ours - teenagers in New York, playing new music that’s not popular yet, freelancers in Africa playing the music of thier country that may be unknown outside their country, players all over Europe, trying out a huge variety of styles and expanding the bass to areas it hadn’t been before. It’s exciting thinking of all the great music being made around the world - to try to hem it in seems counterproductive to me.

The interview is a great one and can be found here:
http://www.stickcenter.com/Interview/Levin/1.html

Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:52 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Well,
I just listened to Abby's and Fuseboxx's new album and it is really cool. Abby's voice is really fantastic although the Stick playing could be a bit more prominent for my taste.

Oliver

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:57 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

senmen wrote:
Well,
I just listened to Abby's and Fuseboxx's new album and it is really cool. Abby's voice is really fantastic although the Stick playing could be a bit more prominent for my taste.

Oliver

Totally agree. I must have seen that new video a hundred times in the last few days, with the volume at 11. Abby is awesome :D

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:35 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Great music,great voice!!!!! One of the things I love about music in general,is that you don't have to understand the words. I havn't got a clue what shes singing about,but I can feel all the intention and emotion. Rock on Fuseboxx,Rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:39 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Many thanks Abby! Your Fuseboxx video is gorgeous and exciting, also very polished. It's uplifting to the stars, with you at the hub and The Stick at the axis. So proud to have your "Pagbalik" video on our home page Featured Artist section. I hope it will somehow be a catapult for your band's success and your musical career.

My special compliments to your song writer and arranger (that D major chord gets me every time), also to your forceful lead guitarist and dynamic drummer. Your cinematographer has some special techniques of mystique and dark distortion, faces and instruments tumbling in a liquid flow. His techniques are enviable.

Amid all the visual and musical thrills I can recognize - you sing with "heart". No amount of glamor can disguise it, and there's no substitute for it. I don't understand those gripping phonemes from the Philippines, but it seems you're flying high, exploring your destiny in those constellation lines.

My congratulations to you and the band. We all love your video around here. Best, Emmett.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:51 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

I've been very impressed with that band, and Abby really deserves to be featured on stick.com
Congrats!

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:29 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

I can't thank you guys enough for showing your appreciation and support to me and my band fuseboxx!

I'm very grateful to Mr. Emmett and Greg to have given me the opportunity to be featured in the Stick website with the other Stick artists who have clearly been an inspiration to the Stick community and other progressive musicians alike.

I've never been so inspired to make more Stick music both as solo and for my band. I will do my very best to share my knowledge about this amazing instrument in my country so that others may also be inspired to play it.

Mabuhay si Emmett!
Mabuhay ang Stick Community!
Mabuhay ang Chapman Stick!!!

Long live Emmett!
Long live the Stick Community!
Long live the Chapman Stick!!!!

#5201 Paduak Grand Stick - Matched Reciprocal
#6082 Dark Bamboo 10-string Stick - Matched Reciprocal
Nord Electro 3

Personal
Likepage

Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:34 pm