It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 pm

Logo 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Logo
Hi everyone, I've just designed and ordered a carbon fiber case for my stick to keep it safe in my motorcycle and airplane travels. The guy that builds them asked me If I wanted it with my signature printed and I thought it would be cool to have more than just that. So I was messing around with illustrator and came up with something that looks more like a logo and then thought: maybe it would be cool to have this as my YouTube Channel Logo. Going down that line then thought: maybe I could use something like this as a watermark on photos and in the videos. Here's what it looks like.
What do you think of the idea?
Of course first I'll need SE's authorization to use Stick in the name, but just wanted to know if any of you guys knows anything about Graphic design and if it looks cool or is somewhat corny.
It's just that I'm so proud of the instrument I want people to know what it is :)
Any comment will be helpful :)
thanks
RodrigoImage

Sent by Tapatalk

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:10 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Logo
well the idea is good and so is the logo - but is does say "STICK" in it - should contain some pegs...frets..pickup - something that is unique to Chapman Stick

#7159, Grand Railboard,Plum,
RMR tuning, MIDI melody.
Manufactured Dec. 2018

#2001,10 strings Shedua, MR tuning
Stickup, Fretrails
Manufactured March 2002

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqqNYL ... JdyVB5aBZQ

Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:48 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Rodrigo, aesthetically speaking, I like the font and the layout. My only quibble is with the lettering:
I don't know how the apostrophe's working. Is it Rod's tick (surely not!), or Rod Stick, or Rod's Stick--I think it is supposed to be Rod's Stick, with maybe the one S acting for both? The problem with that is that one is is small and one capital. But all caps "ROD'STICK" is what I see, mainly, and I'm looking for a second S. so, love the look but the lettering confuses me.

My 2 cents worth. Great idea and pretty good execution so far!
Adds: maybe the apostrophe is signaling that you've shortened "Rodrigo"? That's probably it! But it still confused me, especially if I didn't know you. Cheers!

Rosewood 10-string, #5989, M4s
Sapphire Railboard, #6763, MR
Wenge-on-Wenge NS/Stick, #170130, Bass 4ths
http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-RDlN ... Ez0hN49_Qg

Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:01 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

paigan0 wrote:
Rodrigo, aesthetically speaking, I like the font and the layout. My only quibble is with the lettering:
I don't know how the apostrophe's working. Is it Rod's tick (surely not!), or Rod Stick, or Rod's Stick--I think it is supposed to be Rod's Stick, with maybe the one S acting for both? The problem with that is that one is is small and one capital. But all caps "ROD'STICK" is what I see, mainly, and I'm looking for a second S. so, love the look but the lettering confuses me.

Adds: maybe the apostrophe is signaling that you've shortened "Rodrigo"? That's probably it! But it still confused me, especially if I didn't know you. Cheers!

I don't know, I read it as Rod's Stick and only caught that there was only one S after the fact. Clever.

#6877 Rosewood, 12 String Grand, PASV-4, turquoise linear inlays and Pearl Gray tuners, tuned in Mirrored 4ths

Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:08 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

ArmyDoc wrote:
paigan0 wrote:

I don't know, I read it as Rod's Stick and only caught that there was only one S after the fact. Clever.
Doc, that's what I thought at first, and maybe I'm overthinking it. But since I was asked, I mentioned my confusion. I'm probably overthinking it!

Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:24 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

"Overthinking", thinking about thoughts, about the thought process - hall of mirrors. The single "S" with apostrophe adds a little mystery, like a riddle. Not a problem, then again, I'm used to logos (sophisticated language creeping in).

"Rod'Stick", "StickRod" - super double male imagery. I like it the way it is, maybe with "muse" instead of "music", single syllable words flowing off the tongue.

You have my permission, Rodrigo, for this specific use of the "Stick" trademark. For published material including fliers, posters and ads, please include the following footnote in small print at the bottom:

* "Stick" is a registered trademark in the US and CTM in the European Community and is used with Stick Enterprises' permission.

Nice to have your artistic identification with the instrument I build. Many thanks, Emmett.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:17 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Thank you all for the comments :)
@Boaz: you know, I though of putting some image that relates to the instrument specifically, like the triangle were we have the tuners and actually it led me to one question I've asked myself quite often. Not wanting to begin any argument over different instruments, I've always wondered why do all tapping instruments look like the stick there? I mean, it should be really easy to come up with a different shape for that part of the instrument.. In my imagination, triangular head means stick... Just saying.
@ Steve: I was going for Rod's Stick, but I'm more than willing to follow your input on this... English is not my native language and something like that should not look stupid :)
That and I wanted to mix my family name with the stick: Serrao / Stick? ;)
@doc: thanks, your opinion makes me want to give it a go ;)
@ Emmet: thank you for all of it: your thoughts, the "muse" idea (love it!), and for the permission to use the "stick" trademark. I will make sure to have that footnote in all published material. Each day that passes the stick grows more and more as the perfect vehicle to express my musical ideas, and it's an honour to have my name close to that of your creation. Perfect way to end this day.
Thank you all

Sent by Tapatalk

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:22 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

bachdois wrote:
@ Steve: I was going for Rod's Stick, but I'm more than willing to follow your input on this... English is not my native language and something like that should not look stupid :)
I think it's one of those things where if I'd just seen it, I'd have had no problems. But ask me about it, and suddenly it looked funny. Go with Rod's Stick with the one S between just like you have it. Don't change a thing. On 2nd and 3rd thought, the lettering is clever and the confusion was all mine! It's clever and short and sweet, and is a cool idea. It's gonna look really sweet on the side of your stuff!

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:58 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

cool logo :D

Maple SG12 #6914 Classic Tuning
Website robgellner.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChuob7 ... bmRsfgswJQ

Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:15 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I think it looks GREAT the way it is. AND you got Emmett's approval. So "Stick" with it! (and I totally "got" it right from the get-go) (that's an "Americanism" from an American)

Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:08 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery